“More than 70% of today’s businesses would fail within 3 weeks if they suffered a catastrophic loss of paper-based records due to fire or flood.”
Here are some more interesting statistics
- Each four-drawer filing cabinet holds an average of 10,000 to 12,000 documents, takes up to 9 square feet of floor space, and costs £2500 per year.
- Every 12 filing cabinets require an additional employee to maintain.
- 18 minutes is the average search time for a document.
- 15% of paper documents are misplaced The average document is copied 19 times.
- Paper in the average business grows by 22% a year, meaning your paper archive will double in 3 and a half years.
- For every 1,000 kilos of paper recycled (that’s about 75 archive boxes), approximately 14 trees and 2 cubic metres of landfill space can be saved.
- Making new paper from recycled paper uses 30 -50% less energy than making paper from trees and it reduces contributions to air pollution by 95%
Paper Escape has been supported through LEADER in the Peak District Rural Action Zone, part of the Rural Development Programme for England, which is jointly funded by Defra and the European Union, and is delivered by Derby and Derbyshire Economic Partnership.